Desafortunadamente, la fuente de Immigration Impact no publica en español desde el 2014. Por tanto, los artículos que aparecen a continuación existen exclusivamente en inglés. De surgir publicaciones en español, esta página se actualizará para incluirlas.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) released an advance copy of a final rule on July 31 that will impose significant fee increases across many facets of the legal immigration system. These changes include an astronomical 80% increase to the cost of becoming a U.S. citizen and a first-time fee for asylum applicants. The rule […]
- A federal judge in New York has once again put the Trump administration’s “public charge” rule on hold, but only for the duration of the COVID-19 national emergency. This rule, which went into effect in February after the Supreme Court stepped in, has restricted the ability of low-income immigrants to obtain green cards. But it’s […]
- The Trump administration has been detaining immigrant children in hotels along the Texas-Mexico border and in Arizona. Some of the children are as young as 1 year old and are held in the hotels for weeks before being expelled from the United States. A group of immigrant children who were held in one of these […]
- After nearly six weeks of inaction following its stinging defeat before the Supreme Court on June 18, the Department of Homeland Security released a memo gutting the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) initiative. This will set the stage for a full rescission of the initiative in the months ahead. The Supreme Court had ruled […]
- The May 25 killing of George Floyd by Minnesota police officers rightly sparked public outrage and protests throughout the United States. In response, the Trump administration deployed federal forces from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)—which houses federal immigration enforcement agencies including U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)—to different cities and engaged in aerial surveillance […]
- A Canadian court has ruled that the United States is no longer a country to which the Canadian government could safely return asylum seekers who crossed the U.S-Canada land border. This upends more than 15 years of bilateral cooperation between the two countries. On July 22, the Federal Court of Canada ruled that sending asylum […]